The Neelands Mission – From the Beginning
Founded in Burlington, Ontario, by Reg Neelands in 1958, Neelands Group, continues to be family owned and operated, while having grown into a multi-national company.
Since inception, our mantra at Neelands has always been to deliver the highest standard of customer service coupled with the most recent advancements in HVAC and refrigeration design, construction and technologies. It is our client’s needs that drive us to deliver quality and innovation, while always continuing to gain knowledge as we look to the future.
Under the leadership of Reg’s son Noel Neelands, this philosophy has never changed.
What began as a small HVAC and refrigeration company has grown to include a full complement of refrigeration and HVAC services, sustainability & controls, equipment sales, energy management, and service/maintenance to support a broad range of industries from retail and commercial; to industrial; to institutional and more.
Key to our success is our team of outstanding engineers and technicians, who strive to design and build refrigeration and HVAC systems customized to suit specific needs and to maximize environmental, safety and monetary efficiencies.
Neelands continues to expand its project base across Canada and the United States, through a successful network of supplier, technology and client partnerships. If you are interested in discussing project opportunities with Neelands Group LTD,
please contact us.
- 1958: Founder Reg Neelands establishes Neelands Refrigeration Limited.
- 1969: Installation of the first multi-parallel compressor system sets the stage for increased energy efficiency and redundancy.
- 1986: Became an Authorized Hussmann equipment dealer.
- 1986: Designs, supplies, and installs the first turnkey supermarket for Longo's Fairview St., Burlington, Ontario.
- 1990: Became Ontario’s exclusive Tyler dealer and becomes a dealer for Computer Process Controls.
- 1990: Relocated from Enfield St. to a more modern facility on Northside Rd, Burlington, Ontario.
- 1991: Became the Ontario and East distributor for Barker display cases, self-serve cases, and specialty cases for the supermarket industry.
- 1991: Became an Authorized Micro Thermo dealer.
- 1998: Became an Authorized dealer for CES Dual Path.
- 1998: Installation of the first medium temperature secondary system utilizing food-safe glycol for Loblaws in Mississauga, Ontario.
- 1998: Together with Microthero, launched and installed a full PC refrigeration controller.
- 2006: Installation of the first CO2 Cascade low-temperature refrigeration system for Loblaws in Scarborough, Ontario.
- 2008: Completed new Loblaws distribution facility in Ajax, Ontario with over 1 million sq. ft. of refrigerated and dry space.
- 2008: Celebrated 50 years in business.
- 2008: Installation of the first CO2 Cascade low-temperature refrigeration system for Walmart in Burlington, Ontario.
- 2009: Authorized Ontario dealer for Hill Phoenix, following its purchase of Tyler Refrigeration.
- 2012: Relocated from Northside Rd. to a brand new state-of-the-art facility on Palladium Way.
- 2013: Installation of the first Transcritical CO2 store at Longo's Oakville, Ontario.
- 2015: Began work on software programming for energy optimization under the company name PBN.
- 2016: Installation of the first CO2 Computer Room A/C system for Bell Data Room.
- 2017: Established first U.S. office in Florida. The new company "Neelands USA" provides refrigeration installation, service, and controls for the U.S. market.
- 2018: PBN launches Kalder, an analytics and data collection software program for refrigeration systems.
- 2018: Designed and installed the first Net Zero supermarket in Canada for Longo's in Stouffville, ON.
- 2020: Established second U.S. Office in Atlanta. Technicians service the Southeast region that includes Alabama, Tennessee, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.